Thursday, March 29, 2012

Fundraising Goodies

Don't they look so delicious! Yumm!

A few weeks ago the Muslim Students Association (MSA) of our University had a bake sale to help raise funds to help those suffering in Syria. I wanted to volunteer but I had an exam. So I decided to bake some healthy goodies while I made breakfast that morning! It didn't take very long and they turned out GREAT! I made up this recipe for Banana-Nut Muffins on the spot as a cooked, what a coincidence, Banana-Nut Oatmeal. I thought I would further share my fundraiser goodies by posting the recipe! So here it is:

Whole Wheat Banana-Nut
Muffins
Ingredients:
2 Cups - Whole Wheat Flour
1 Tsp - Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp - Baking Soda
1/4 Tsp - Salt
1 Cup - Honey or Granulated White Sugar
1/2 Cup - Oil (I use Olive or Canola) or butter (melted)
3 ripe - Bananas
1 Cup - Peanuts
2 Eggs

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) and line a12-18 1/2 cup muffin pan with paper liners (I like using colorful ones!).
  2. In a large bowl combine the flour, honey or sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nuts.
  3. In a medium-sized bowl combine the mashed bananas, eggs, and oil or butter. Lightly fold the wet ingredients (banana mixture) into the dry ingredients just until combined and the batter is thick. Do not over mix!
  4. Spoon batter into muffin tins and bake for about 20 minutes or until when a toothpick is inserted, it comes out clean.
  5. Decorate if desired.
  6. Share and ENJOY!

Hope you enjoy this recipe and I hope that you will all pray for those in Syria. Currently I am working on Handmade Hijabi Dolls for a craft and bake sale I plan on organizing, Inshallah, in the upcoming months once I finish exams and clinicals. Have a great day! 



1 comment:

  1. Wow muffins, thanks for this recipe...I want to try it InshaAllah....

    ReplyDelete